All photography provided by Jared Chambers
In 1819, the Village of Tijeras was established. We have grown to have several businesses, senior citizen center, Vietnam veteran memorial, and much more. The Village is situated on historic Route 66 and State Highway 14. The word Tijeras is Spanish for scissors, as it is the meeting place of the Manzano and and Sandia mountain ranges.
The departments are here to serve its residents in a professional and exemplary manner. We provide excellent service to maintain the quality our residents deserve.
What We've Achieved in tijeras
- Creating and developing our Motor Vehicle department.
- Creating and developing the Senior Center.
- Brought in a water system.
Please check back later for updates
- Creating and developing the Vietnam Veterans of Tijeras memorial park.
- Providing sidewalks in the Village
- There will be more to come...